Thursday, December 21, 2006

Uganda

I'm going to be spending x-mas in a village in Uganda, leaving on Saturday morning. I probably won't have internet access (in fact, i'm *sure* i won't) until I get back, around the 29th. So here's my Merry Christmas to all of you faithful and non-faithful readers.

I will be spending it with Annette's family of over 50 people - milking cows, shooing away mosquitos and getting by on candle-light (no running water and no electricity, altho i hear that a cousin has a plan to find a generator). Most of all, I will be missing most of you a ton and would love to hear from you. This place gets a little lonely.

Now I'm going out to buy the largest bag of rice my back can carry - I was told that this would be an appropriate gift for my hosts.

Teta, i'm going to make you proud!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you, I'd send you some of the snow I'm getting if I could! Nice blog btw, keep it up and enjoy your African experiences :)

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diala, this is wonderful. Your observations are sharp and your sense of humor just right (I liked the one about political tourism in Palestine). I will be an avid fan of your blog.
Much love from Ramallah,
Love,
Lisa

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, great sense of humor and sense of expedition too!
Maybe because I am obsessed these days with a particular notion, I think that you are now living habitus (Bourdieu), and building background experience. Very useful reading when you come back, if you have not read him already.
please keep the postings up, you have at least two avid fans now, other than your mother, grandmother, aunts, uncles etc....
love
Rita

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diala, learning a lot from you. Lots of love
maha

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wedad Abu-Dayyeh

You didn't have to go to Rwunda to make me feel proud. Now that you are there, I am even more proud. The bags of rice are important and the bigger the better.

Teta

11:44 AM  
Blogger Diala said...

wow, thanks for the show of love!

Teta? you're on the internet??

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home