Friday, May 25, 2007

People are still visiting this site...

In Paris, left Beirut just in time. If I have to die young, it would be a shame for it to be outside of Palestine.

I've been staying at Emily and Tania's apartment, catching up with all sorts of old friends here - high school, college, pre-school, friends of family and friends of friends. I am exhausting myself, after six months of self-inflicted separation from all things familiar (I had initially written "social deprivation", but on second thought its a fat lie, as I don't think i've ever gone out as much as i did my last month in Kigali).

Funny (but not shocking), French people don't even know that their diplomats have been kicked out of Rwanda and that people practically spit if you say "France" in Kigali.

Other than that, I don't think I can provide my faithful readers with any sort of insight on Parisian society, their post-election trauma, or the pathetic decline of this bastion of the left. I think I'm going to buy a pair of ballerinas.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where will you keep them?

12:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to Paris, the weather is awfull, the country wakes up with a terrible gueule de bois after those elections, our left wing parties are the most ridiculous in the world, it's really hard to get a visa to Rwanda, but...polite people decided to act like none of this ever happened.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Diala said...

Nachy, this may not have reached Syria yet but ballerinas are shoes, that make you look like a ballerina (give or take a few pounds).

emmanuel, thanks for the welcome. Are you applying for a visa for Rwanda?

2:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yes indeed, for five months, and I should already have it, but it takes an eternity.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home